Fire Drill Procedures
- At the sound of the alarm, everyone will exit the building and go to the nearest Assembly Point.
- Staff accompanying students will be sure that:
• Students exit in an orderly way
• Students gather at the assembly point in an orderly way
• All students are counted
• Staff must bring their red/green card to the assembly point.
After students are counted, staff will hold up the green or red card. Green means all students are at the assembly point. Red means students are missing.
- After an inspection of the building, the principal will indicate “all clear” and students may return to class.
- Security will inspect every room of the primary building and give the “all clear” to the principal, who will be outside.
- PE teacher will inspect every room of the KG building and give the “all clear” to the principal, who will be outside.
- Principal will check for red/green cards and take any necessary action.
- Staff will stay outside with students until the “all clear” is given.